THC (or tetrahydrocannabinol) is one of 113 cannabinoids that have been identified in the cannabis plant, but it is the only one that has been listed by the United Nations as a schedule II–controlled substance. Subsequent studies have called for its being reclassified as a schedule III by the World Health Organization. One reason for its struggle for acceptance is because THC is the most recognized compound in the cannabis plant, as it is best known for causing psychoactive effects, and is widely used for recreational purposes.
THC may not be as effective as CBD in some cases, but it contributes to the relief felt by many medical patients, in ways you may not have known about.
THC As Medicine?
Despite popular belief, THC has medical benefits. We are now finding that THC has some important therapeutic effects for people suffering symptoms caused by several chronic diseases. THC is one of a number of helpful cannabinoids, helping people manage mental and physical ailments. When taken at the appropriate dosage, cannabis containing THC is an effective medical treatment for several conditions.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Pain Relief: Over 1.5 billion people live with chronic pain worldwide. Most of it is neuropathic pain (nerve-related). Some of the compounds found in cannabis, like THC, actually block pain messages being sent to the brain.¹ GSEO team: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430692/
- Appetite: There are a number of chronic illnesses that affect appetite. From HIV and hepatitis to several eating disorders and dementia, over time these can lead to severe malnourishment and can cause death. If taken appropriately, the hunger-inducing effects of THC can improve a patient’s condition and can even save their lives.
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory: THCs are potent antioxidants. A cannabis plant increases THC production in response to UVB light. UVB light causes oxidative stress in humans which contributes to visible ageing and other skin diseases. THC is also an anti-inflammatory. Many associate CBD as the cannabinoid that relieves inflammation, but THC can decrease the production of cytokine and chemokine, two compounds that trigger inflammation.
- Insomnia: Oral doses of THC have been shown to help insomniacs fall asleep faster. More recently THC research has shown that it improves breathing during sleep, a common problem among sleep apnea sufferers, whose sleep is continually interrupted. If you have trouble with insomnia, you may try dosing THC.
- Some other significant benefits include easing nausea, treatment for PTSD, an antibacterial, an anti-tumour agent, a muscle relaxant, and more. Although THC hasn’t performed the same for everyone, there is more than enough evidence to warrant further research.
Canna Wholesalers is a Great Choice for Medical Patients
Buy weed online from Canna Wholesalers and receive the best of BC cannabis. Buying weed wholesale is a great way for medical patients to make sure that they always have what they need to treat their condition. To maximize the THC potency, buy kief online in BC, or choose from Indica, Sativa, or Hybrid flowers.
Canna Wholesalers is the perfect source online for quality, price, and quantity.